Occasionally there are sales or discount voucher codes available for the purchase of DNA tests for genealogy. I will publish them on this page whenever I'm aware of good deals to share.
Also compare the features and prices of the major DNA testing companies.
- Living DNA breaks down your ancestry across 80 worldwide regions - three times the detail of other tests. It also breaks down British ancestry across 21 regions, and as new discoveries are made and more regions identified, your results will be updated (Irish and German regions are currently being developed and your results will be updated as these are completed).
- Get your DNA into the database early, ready for Living DNA's exciting new Family Networks and relative matching features to be launched later in 2018!
- DNA Day Sale! - Limited time only! >>> What is DNA Day?
A$199 A$135.20; NZ$199 NZ$135.20; £120 £79.20; US$159 US$79.99;
C$199 C$135.20; €159 €103.20; plus shipping
- Living DNA Personalised Ancestry Book
Family Tree DNA
- FamilyTreeDNA.com sells several different types of DNA tests for genealogy
- Huge discounts for FTDNA's DNA Day Sale! See sale prices
US$49 for Family Finder! US$139 for Y-DNA 37 US$149 for Full mtDNA
Sale ends 28 April 2018 CDT US (=3pm 29 Apr 2018 AEST)
- Autosomal Transfer - if you have already done a DNA test with AncestryDNA, 23andMe or MyHeritage DNA, you can transfer your raw DNA data file to FTDNA for free matching in their Family Finder customer database (be aware that due to compatibility of testing company chips, some free transfers will only show your closest matches, approx. the top 10%).
- Project Discount: For Y-DNA tests (males only), join a FTDNA Project before ordering to save US$20. Find a project matching your surname, or simply start your order by clicking on a reduced-priced kit from Australian Citizens or New Zealand Genetic Families. Learn more about FTDNA projects.
(Note: project discounts apply during some sales, but not all).
- Free Y-DNA tests: Some surname projects offer free Y-DNA tests to encourage males with particular surnames to test - so check the ISOGG list of free DNA tests.
- 23andMe.com's new lower price for Australian & New Zealand customers is US$99 + US$40 shipping.
- DNA Day Sale! - US & Canada only (US$69 / C$90); expires 11:59pm 25 April 2018 PDT US.
- DNA Day Sale! A$129 A$109 plus A$30 shipping. US$59 £59 C$115.
- Apply the coupon code FREESHIPDNA in your cart to save $9.95 on shipping
(only available if the voucher box is active/visible).
- DNA Day Sale! - ends 25 April 2018
Full price US$99 on sale USD$69 plus 10% VAT plus US$16 shipping
Australia: A$125 on sale AUD$88 plus 10% GST plus A$21 shipping